law firm in Bedworth & Nuneaton

Immigration Law

The UK has left the European Union and with the Government’s plan of introducing new immigration rules; the already complex immigration laws in the UK, have become more difficult.

Pels Solicitors aims to provide you with an excellent and precise service without using all the difficult legal terms that may leave you confused.

We are committed to providing you with advice and assistance in all areas of UK Immigration, Refugee and Asylum Law, visa applications.  We do not offer any Legal Help or Legal Aid.  Our work is fee paying only.

We deal with these areas:

  • Asylum and Human Rights claims
  • Naturalisation and British Citizenship
  • Long residence (private life claims)
  • EEA and family members
  • Limited and further leave to remain
  • Indefinite leave to remain
  • EEA settlement scheme
  • Visa applications for spouses, family members, visitors and dependents
  • Point Based System:
    • Tier 1 – Entrepreneur Visa (start-up, investors)
    • Tier 2 – General (Skilled Worker)
    • Tier 4 - Students


Tier 2 - General

This route is for individuals who have been offered a skilled job by a UK based company (sponsor). After the sponsor has completed the Resident Labour Market Test, a role can be offered to an individual to come to the UK to work.

An individual granted leave to remain under this route may bring their dependent family members (spouse or children) and may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years residence in the UK.

Tier 4 – Students

We provide assistance to students seeking to enter or remain in the UK to study. We advise and assist in making initial applications or applications to extend your stay in the UK after you have completed your studies in the UK (Tier 2).

EEA nationals and family Members

The UK has left the European Union. This means that there will be an end to the free movement enjoyed by EU citizens in the UK. This information refers to after 1st January 2021 and is correct as of that time.

To continue to remain in the UK, all EEA nationals and their family members are required to apply for the Pre-settled and/or the Settlement status under the EEA Settlement Scheme.  The pre-settled status is equivalent to the limited leave to remain in the UK and the Settled status is equivalent to the Indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Once settled status has been granted, EU nationals can continue to remain in the UK without any restrictions.

Pels Solicitors will assist you in your EEA settlement scheme application and advice you on what requirements you need to meet. We can advise you, guide you, make the legal applications, advise on the best route and oversee the application until its conclusion.

Visitors Visa

If you are seeking to visit the United Kingdom, Pels solicitors are here to help with the application and preparation of your documents. We have experts to assist you, as part of our multi award winning team.

Visitors are allowed to enter the UK on a visitor’s visa valid for up to 6 months. Visitors are however prohibited to take up any employment in the UK and are required to leave UK after the duration of their visit visa. Remaining in the UK after the duration of your visitor’s visa is not allowed and you may be in breach of the UK immigration rules.

Family Visas

Individuals who are settled in the UK or have the British Citizenship are allowed to apply for their family members to join them in the UK.

Under the family route, an individual can apply to have their Spouse/Civil partner or fiancé to join them in the UK. Children can apply to join their parents and Parents can apply to enter or remain in the UK with their children.

Adults who are dependent on their relatives staying in the UK can also apply to enter the United Kingdom to join their family members. Individuals applying under Adult Dependent Relative Route would need to show that based on their age, disability or illness, they are unable to remain in their country of origin to get medical treatment and would require a long-term care.

This process can be very technical and requires patience as well as knowledge

Asylum & Human Rights Claims

Pels Solicitors are committed to provide you with excellent advice and assistance with your asylum and human rights claims. We will assist you in your application to obtain refugee status, discretionary leave or humanitarian protection.

Contact us today to find out how we can help you on 02476 640 409.